Skip to the content
- The bellows of the elephant had silenced the lamb’s bleats.
- The braying of the donkey had bounded all its feet.
- The shrieks of wing-ed beavers had stained its wooly coat
- With reds and blues of every hue, from tail and to its throat.
- The beasts stole mites from beggars and gave them to the rich.
- They ignored beaten trav’llers and left them in the ditch.
- They sliced and diced—divided—all that this sheep made whole,
- Where pure love once had prospered was now robotic soul.