Last week, the provincial government announced new appointments to the board of directors for the Municipal Government Board.
The new board members are
- Guy Buchanan — land development consultant, Calgary
- Wayne Drysdale — business consultant, Grande Prairie
The MGB is an independent and impartial quasi-judicial board established under the Municipal Government Act to make decisions about land planning and assessment matters.
According to Schedule 1, Part A of the Committee Remuneration Order, board members are entitled to the following remuneration for service they provide as a board member:
- $150 for up to and including 4 hours in any day
- $265 for 4–8 hours in any day
- $390 for over 8 hours in any day
Board members are also entitled to travelling and living expenses.
Guy Buchanan is the president of Co-Star Consulting Ltd. He’s donated over $1,400 to political parties and constituency associations since 2017, including $585 in 2017 to the UCP, $232.50 in 2018, and $75 in 2019. He also donated $425 to the Calgary-Glenmore UCP constituency association in 2018 and $525 in 2019. During the provincial election in 2019, he donated $75 to the UCP and $500 to the above constituency association.
Wayne Drysdale is self-employed as a business consultant, but recently retired as MLA for the Grande Prairie–Wapiti riding, having served 3 terms under the PC party. He served as minister of transportation under Jim Prentice. He was also a councillor with the Municipal District of Greenview. Naturally, he donated to the PC party while MLA.
Support this story
- 112 people sent me a one-time donation.
- 164 people send me a donation every month.
- 209 people receive my monthly newsletter.