- Tonight, the sun did paint the sky the colour of cotton candy.
- With wisps of pink and tufts of blue, mouth wat’ring where I was standing.
- The smells from fairs waft through my nose; my lips are kissed with sweetness.
- The quiet hues enwrap my soul with penetrating deepness.
- The dawn today encased my town with fire breathing orange.
- The embers shining from the sky transform to something foreign.
- I cannot force my gaze away from trees, and grass, and flowers.
- My mind, my soul, my waking spirit bask in the warming shower.
Listen to me read this poem:
Like my poetry? Send me a pledge on Patreon for a little as $1 per month. Get pre-release access, watch me write my poems live, and even access exclusive video of me explaining the symbols and metaphors in the poems.
Support this story
- 173 people sent me a one-time donation.
- 189 people send me a donation every month.
- 293 people receive my monthly newsletter.