Skip to the content
- Battered and bruised, pierced for to bleed,
- Hidden from view under the sheet.
- Plucked from the pile, dismembered feast,
- Onto my tongue, go skin and meat.
- Throw back my neck, in my throat seeps,
- Warm, salty, red, down my chin leaks.
- Blood on my lips, flesh in my teeth,
- Closing my eyes, bowing my knees.
- Promises made I cannot keep;
- Parroted oath, longing for deep:
- Never forget, memory sleeps;
- Obey the law, mirror the sheep.
- Stuck here in jail, want to be freed,
- Trying so hard, always too weak.
- Wishing to change, nowhere to seek.
- Hear a pin drop, never a peep.