Skip to the content
- A hundred people near me, but I am all alone.
- A city full of houses, but I am without home.
- A sea of salty water, but I am just a leaf.
- A court of kings and rulers, but I am not a chief.
- A pile of coloured ribbons, but I’m a drabby grey.
- A kennel full of purebreds, but I’m a tossed out stray.
- A toolbox full of hammers, but I am just a screw.
- A room of cushioned sofas, but I’m a hardened pew.
- A canvas without brushes, a lock without a key,
- A match without a striker, a pod without its pea,
- A boat without a paddle, a shovel without snow,
- A plane without a pilot, an arrow without bow,
- A gun without a bullet, a train without a track,
- A curtain without windows, a sink without a tap,
- A compass without needle, a candle without flame,
- A bosom without burning, and me without a name.