I don’t think I am ready for a Swimplan programme. Here’s what I was supposed to do:
* 4 x 25m Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:10 / 25m
Build up (repeat 4 times)
* 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Left, rest 0:10 / 25m
* 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Right, rest 0:10 / 25m
* 4 x 100m Freestyle Swim, target time 03:30 / 100m, rest 0:30 / 100m
* 2 x 50m Freestyle Easy, rest 0:15 / 50m
I did the warm up and build up fine, but it took me 4:20 to do just the first set of the core workout. It was very frustrating. I just gave up.
I didn’t want to get out of the pool though, so I put in a set of 4×25 m doing the breast stroke and did 1 x 25 m for a cooldown.
For the breastroke set, I tried to keep improving my time on each rep for the last three reps. I was successful at 0:37, 0:36, and 0:35. I felt better after that.
I think I am going to go back to my own workout for awhile and work on improving my time.
Support this story
- 191 people sent me a one-time donation.
- 203 people send me a donation every month.
- 323 people receive my monthly newsletter.