I started my first Simplan plan today. Here’s what it is:
- 4 x 25m Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:10 / 25m
Build up (repeat 4 times)
- 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Left, rest 0:10 / 25m
- 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Right, rest 0:10 / 25m
- 4 x 100m Freestyle Swim, target time 03:30 / 100m, rest 0:30 / 100m
- 2 x 50m Freestyle Easy, rest 0:15 / 50m
I nearly did it all, too. On the core set, I could only get in 3 reps. The first rep was about 3:20, the second about 3:30 and the last about 3:40. I guess it averaged out.
It didn’t help much that I worked out my chest and abs yesterday.
I will keep doing this programme until I get work in all four reps in the core set and they can all be under 3:30.
The Buildup set sure helped in practising my breathing. I’ve been doing a terrible job at breathing properly (having never taken lessons), so this is helping.
Oh, and I found a site called We Endure. It’s a social networking sites for people who run, cycle and swim. You can see other people’s progress, and it keeps track of total workouts. Here’s my profile. I just wish there was a bit more flexibility in how we can report swimming workouts. Currently it allows total distance and time. It is kind of nice to see hoe much distance I’ve done in a month though.